What to Eat For Your Skin Now
I always recommend my clients eat well as part of their skin health routine - this really does shine through and there are lots of in-season options right now. Here are my top 5 February skin foods:
- Bramley Apples - rich in Pectin, a substance which helps to give apple cells their structure and will hydrate and rejuvenate skin cells. Make a juice shot with 2 Bramley Apples and a little freshly grated Ginger to boost your skin and your immunity.
- Kale - this leafy, crunchy vegetable has powerful benefit in fighting free radicals as it has potent levels of Vitamin C. This will also naturally boost the rate at which your cells produce collagen. To get the most from this vegetable, avoid over cooking and lightly steam
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli - a wonderful plant for boosting the skin health, owing to its multi-nourishing properties, including Glucoraphanin, a powerful antioxidant clinically proven to reverse signs of sun damage. This type of broccoli is also rich in Selenium, essential for staving off acne breakouts and protecting skin from inflammation. Can be added to stir fries and drizzled with sesame or avocado oil.
- Sweet Potato - a highly potent source of Beta Carotene which is converted into Vitamin A by the body, the anti-ageing benefits of which are well documented. These take less time to cook than normal potatoes and can be mashed or baked in the oven with olive oil.
- Pomegranate - rich in Omega 6 and Hyaluronic Acid, eating this fruit will improve your skin's hydration levels from within. Eat on its own or sprinkle the seeds onto salads.
Got a question about your skin? Contact me here