Care for your skin This Christmas
Happy Friday all! Many of us are super busy right now tying up loose ends before christmas and having boozy late nights, so it's important to try and take a little time out. Showing your skin some goodwill will help to keep you looking your best, whilst giving you an excuse to relax a little and look after you. (Multi-tasking see?) I have put together some of my favourite tips for you:
- Make a kitchen face mask. For dry, dehydrated skin, mash up half an avocado with a handful of oats and apply over the face, massaging gently. Balance excessive oil and break outs over the face by blending a tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of dried rosemary if you have it. Mix well before applying to the face, massaging gently. You can leave these masks on for up to 15 minutes - have a lay down whilst they work their magic. Remove excess with tissues then splash tepid water onto the face. *
- If you have dry skin, avoid really hot showers and baths as this causes more moisture to evaporate from the skin's surface.
- Sensitive skin types may notice inflammation over the skin at this time of the year. Avoid harsh, chemical-laden cleansers and toners, opting for a cleansing balm instead. They don't have to cost the earth and your skin will love you forever!
- Glow from within! Eating lots of brightly coloured foods boosts your antioxidant levels - think peppers, tomatoes and berries.
- For under eye dark circles apply a little Arnica cream or gel, leave for 10 minutes, then remove with cold water.
if you have a question about your skin please contact me here
Best wishes, Emma xx
* Always avoid the eye area